Thursday, November 03, 2005

LOVE LIFE UPDATE

Thank you all, ladies and gentleman for the advice and encouragement. I should say that I am more of a reader than a writer; thus please don’t feel snubbed if I don’t respond to your comments immediately; it may take a few days (I have responded to your comments on my last post).

Taking on the advice from some of you, I put into action a fourth plan. Talking last Friday, I found out that she has recently begun to like I band that I also like and have a number of CDs of. Thus I decided I would burn copies of them, call her up and ask her if she would like me to drop it off at her place.

After 3 hours of trying to pick up the phone and call her, I finally settled the butterflies in my stomach and called her. I told her I burned the CDs for her and asked her if she would like to drop them around her place in the next day or two. She said she would like that.

We then proceeded to talk for the next hour on her job, my job and the general state of society. This is a good sign isn’t it? I Should also mention that in our conversations, 60% of the time it is her talking, 40% of the time it is me talking; ask anybody who knows me, this is unheard of, me letting someone else dominate the conversation. She also apologised in advance for the state of her apartment and her own state given she is focusing on her assessment. Again, this is a good sign isn’t it?

Well, tonight I go around to her place to drop the CDs off. Here’s to hoping it goes well.

12 Comments:

Blogger Justine said...

Brilliant.
I wonder what sort of herbal teas she likes? (Sorry tea NAZIs, I meant infusion).

12:26 pm

 
Blogger Justine said...

Good on you Deb. Good for your bones. Green tea is high in caff but good in every other way.

Aleks - I came back to recommend a movie to you. It just came to me in a flash, because there's a wine-buff sequence. I am SURE you'd really like it. I think its one of the funniest movies I've seen - based on a French play. You can get it on DVD/video, its called The Dinner Game.

4:08 pm

 
Blogger Larry Bonewend said...

How exactly did this blog go from harsh political commentary to soapie?

I can't wait for the next episode though!

11:44 pm

 
Blogger You've Got What I Need... said...

Political activists get a lot of action. Good. Have fun with things, aleks. don't think too much.

5:22 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Re: my last post, there's nothing scarier than a pushy overly eager man, but there's very little more attractive than a good talker AND a good listener, and who bothers to remember what you have to say.

You've got it all over the majority of more self-centred types - male OR female there.

I would say 'good luck', but it sounds kinda lame. mayeb 'keep fighting the good fight' is more appropriate?!

12:12 pm

 
Blogger Melba said...

aleks.

soooooo????

12:33 am

 
Blogger GS said...

AleKs we, your loyal followers (who really should get a life, I know) are awaiting an update.

Hoping the silence is due to cloud floating versus angsting.

3:45 pm

 
Blogger Melba said...

throw us a frikkin' bone here, aleksy

9:54 pm

 
Blogger PiesFan90 said...

He must be still tied to the bed.

11:47 pm

 
Blogger Kay Adams said...

Thats really nice love, Don't worry if your a little nervous she probably is also.. I'm sure I don't need to say all the best.. Because something tells me you were meant to meet

Kisses Hun XX

1:04 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
»

9:57 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Jeep cherokee ecu location Buy tadalafil c o d online breast enlargement mistakes jeep liberty 2004 review Pic threesome jeep grand cherokee window regulator how to kissimmee vacation homes Sound recording software reviews Texas and celexa withdrawal Clostridium botulinum aislamiento

1:43 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home