Wednesday, November 09, 2005

THE SHAPE OF THINGS

People, I owe you an apology. I know I should have posted earlier, but unfortunately I didn’t feel up to it, and I am snowed under with work and refugee work.

Well, late on Thursday afternoon, I received an SMS from her asking if I could come over another day. If someone had of punched me in the stomach or kicked me in the groin then I could not have felt worse. I SMS’d her back saying to let me know whenever is good for her. So far she hasn’t. On Monday I SMS’d her asking how the assignment was going; I’ve received no response.

I realise she is probably very busy with her assignment, but it doesn’t look good. Which leads me to ask; what is wrong with me? I mean, we seem to have so much in common, and she seems like such a thoroughly nice and decent person. Am I that hideous, because that is the only conclusion I can reach. Who knows maybe she will contact me soon, but I am not holding my breath. I like the woman, but I don’t feel up to contacting her again and being made to feel like shit.

On top of that, I am snowed under with work (8;30pm and still at work), much of which revolves around opposing the sedition provisions of the Anti-terrorism bill, and the draconian IR legislation, as well my usual things demanding humane treatment of refugees outside of work. What a great fucking world, country and society we live in.

In one of those strange coincidences, of those few people who read this blog, most of you are from Melbourne. After 6 months of putting it off, I will be down in Melbourne for work; people look out for the sad, hideous figure, who seems to have lost the last vestige of his sanity; that will be me.

9 Comments:

Blogger Larry Bonewend said...

Ouch. I say let her be the next one to make the call. Other than that, if I may be so bold, you don't sound like you need the almighty stress on all of mankind that women provide.

Sounds like you'll blend into the crowd here in Melbourne.

10:24 pm

 
Blogger Susanne said...

I'm fine for research, I just have to write the thing now. Thanks though :)

I think Donnie Darko is more existential than just 'teenage alienation'. I think it uses teenage alienation as a way to get to deeper concepts such as consciousness, the meaning of life and the meaning of death.

Edward Scissorhands is about what Blade Runner is about- what it means to be human.

...

Good luck Aleks, people can be funny at exam time.

12:32 am

 
Blogger GS said...

Its very hard to know what goes on in another persons head, but projection probably won't give you an accurate picture!

When are you hanging out in sunny melbourne?

7:25 am

 
Blogger Melba said...

i'm sorry to hear that aleks. don't call her again. but she might just surprise you. but in the meantime, just get on with things. which sounds like you are doing anyway. i'm sure you are not hideous. there are very few truly hideous people around... try not to worry about it.

3:25 pm

 
Blogger Kay Adams said...

Hun

4:20 pm

 
Blogger Kay Adams said...

And if it makes you feel any better

I sent a message (stupid whimpy txt messages damn it) to a man I really connected with asking if he wanted to have lunch?

(Stupid whimpish txt back)

I don't think lunch would be appropriate.

12:02 pm

 
Blogger Melba said...

i think people who take risks, or just go for it, are ace.

11:23 pm

 
Blogger Chixulub said...

If it makes you feel better, when I met Fau Lobster, the first few times I flat-out alientated myself from her. We've been married for over 13 years and that was after an unlikely-long engagement. If she's the shit, don't give up. If she's just shit, move on.

3:27 pm

 
Blogger elaine said...

Nothing is wrong with you. Some people just don't fit..

It's not only about being mr/ms right, it's about being mr/ms right at the right time.

It's that last bit that's tricky. Take it from the perpetually single me. Don't let it stop you trying though.

xx

12:55 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home