Tuesday, November 14, 2006

MY HOW TIME FLIES!

So, I'm wondering if I have set a world record between blog entries? If not, I'll have to set it with me next one.

So much has happened - very little of it good.

The year started out with some serious depression issues - with medication having little use. Things started spiralling down and little has changed, but back to that later.

One of the high points was doing an interview on Channel 7 just prior to the Easter protests at Villawood - still have it on DVD. At the said protests I was also quoted in almost every online newspaper website in Australia, criticising how unchristian the government's policies were at such a holy time for Christians. I also got arrested at the protests for calling a police officer "fascist scum" - after 4 months, the judge finally dismissed the offensive language charges.

The weeks and months went by as my mental health went from bad to worse. My bi-polar really started giving me major problems. At whcih point a "woman" entered my life who decided she liked the power she had over my life and decided to play with it, regardless of the consequences. Unable to cope I slit my wrist. Thankfully (or unthankfully I often think) I didn't kill myself. I spent 6 weeks in a psychiatric hospital. The news of my sister's second miscarriage in a year didn't help.

Eventually I came out, and slowly started to recover, and for a while there things seemed to pick up. Then two months ago things came crashing down again. The frequent and severe mood swings that are my bi-polar have been getting worse and worse. Of course, things don't help when you get involved with someone who is engaged. She was the one who initiated things (No excuse I know) and who I have really come to care about - only for her now to be starting to distance herself as the guilt sets in, all the while you are hoping that she will break off her engagement to be with you, even though you know she won't. I mean, when you don't even like yourself, and single women won't go out with you for any period of time, why would someone break off their engagement for you?

So, here I am. Life becoming so unbearable again, that death seems like a release - an incident with sleeping tablets last week reflecting this. Sorry for those peple out there who had been regular readers, people who had given me support online for not posting - I just wasn't up to it. I'm sure most, if not all of you have forgotten me by now. I decided to post in case any of you hadn't. Take care.

Oh, in one of those strange coincidences, most of my the people who used to regularly read my blog reside in Melbourne. I'm coming down there on Thursday to spend some time with a friend - we are acting as support mechanisms for one another. However she is working Sunday during the day, so if anyone wants to meet and say hi (you know to see how bad things could be) then or some other time let me know and I will put my email address in your blog

8 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Conquest said...

Welcome back.
I thought of you last week when I was in Brunswick and saw some stencil art. Thought I'd try to drop you a line but new you were offline. Glad you're back.

12:22 pm

 
Blogger You've Got What I Need... said...

Of course you haven't been forgotten, but you have been missed.

xo

1:11 pm

 
Blogger Susanne said...

Aleks, I'm so sorry to hear about your year. I'm glad you're still with us.

It'd be great to meet for coffee on Sunday. Email me at susannenewton@hotmail.com and we'll make plans!

1:22 pm

 
Blogger Melba said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:23 pm

 
Blogger Larry Bonewend said...

Well I'll be, Aleks is back!

Let me be the first to say, that checking this blog for the past 11 months, and seeing the same spelling mistake ("I notice that it has been a moth since I last posted") at the top of the page was a bit annoying. (It's been so long, I'm glad I got THAT off my chest.)

Awesome to hear from you again, but shame about the crappy year. Give us a hoy re: Melbourne - bonewend aaat gmail.com, I'll break out the finest vintage of red I can find. (No, I haven't forgotten...)

10:53 pm

 
Blogger Mikey_Capital said...

Dang man. What's a psych hospital like - if you don't mind sharing. I find it cathartic to get the crap off your chest blog wise. I for one having never been in one have no idea. But it would be awesome to get your opinions of it. Share away!

Only if you want to if course.

I bet it gets boring. And the other inmates would be irritating too.

Keep at it man. Life is kewl. Even when your heart gets poops on.

Better to have loved and lost and all of that.

Though of course who ever wrote that likely never had their heart pooped on.

6:46 pm

 
Blogger GS said...

Howdy AleKs...am around sun arvo/evening, if I am not arrested at the gathering in the city tomorrow!
otherrants aaaaat the gmail address (can click on in profile).

Sorry to hear the swings and roundabouts of the past year. If being around another soy latte swilling, red wine drinking, tofu munching type isn't unbearable, let me know (will update Rex too).

6:17 pm

 
Blogger Melba said...

i took out my comment because STUPIDO me had my exact email address and the robots found it, and i have since received exactly one email from a boy wanting to flirt, and one email from someone wanting to sell me a penis enlargement thingo.

so, have deleted.

like i said, will try to make tomorrow, i've got your mobile number, so shall let you know. i'm just not sure about bringing the kids and i've no way around that.

x

3:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home